Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Feature: Murder on the Mind


I've been reading a lot of mysteries lately, and this one caught my eye because it's about a guy with psychic abilities and my NaNoWriMo book is about a psychic PI! I definitely enjoyed this one, so check out Murder on the Mind by L.L. Bartlett.


After a brutal mugging in Manhattan leaves him with a broken arm and fractured skull, insurance investigator Jeff Resnick reluctantly agrees to recover at the home of his estranged half brother, Richard. At first, Jeff believes his graphic nightmares of a slaughtered buck are just the workings of his traumatized mind. But when a local banker is found in the same condition, Jeff believes the attack has left him with a psychic sixth sense--an ability to witness murder before it happens.Piecing together clues he saw in his visions, Jeff attempts to solve the crime. His brother Richard is skeptical, but unsettling developments begin to forge a tentative bond. Soon, things that couldn't be explained by premonition come to light, and Jeff finds himself probing into dangerous secrets that touch his own traumatic past in wintry Buffalo—and the killer is ready to eliminate Jeff's visions permanently.
The immensely popular Booktown Mystery series is what put Lorraine Bartlett's pen name Lorna Barrett on the New York Times Bestseller list, but it's her talent—whether writing as Lorna, or L.L. Bartlett, or Lorraine Bartlett—that keeps her there. This multi-published, Agatha-nominated author pens the exciting Jeff Resnick Mysteries as well as the acclaimed Victoria Square Mystery series, the Tales of Telenia adventure-fantasy saga, and now the Lotus Bay Mysteries, and has many short stories and novellas to her name(s).


*Want your YA, NA, or MG book featured on my blog? Contact me here and we'll set it up.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVED the TV show Medium. Something about the way it was set up just fascinated me. Psychics definitely are interesting...along with the fact that many of us possess that sixth sense, we just don't know how to access it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I've had rare glimpses of things right before they happen. Most recently, I saw myself dropping a glass and then it happened just like I saw it. I really do believe we all possess this ability, but we don't tune into it. I'm fascinated by the subject and will be starting an adult psychic mystery series to pursue the topic more. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved watching the Dead Zone tv series. And Psych too although thats about a fake psychic. And always in hankering for a good mystery. Especially with psychic aspects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So happy to hear that since I'm planning to write psychic mysteries!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a compelling and intriguing read!

    Happy New Year, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sems you'll have companions in your journey with the psychic mystery, kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting story! Wishing you and your family a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but not spam. All spam will be deleted.