Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.
Here's what's on my mind today:
1. The Attic of Sand and Secrets by Medeia Sharif I'm reading this right now!
by Medeia Sharif
Vendor links will be updated on Medeia’s site.
Middle Grade Historical and Fantasy, Featherweight Press, November 2014
Lily, a learning disabled girl, attempts to unravel the mystery of her abducted mother using supernatural clues from an ancient stranger, even when it means posing a danger to herself.
Learning-disabled Lily desires to prove herself, although her mind freezes when presented with big problems - such as her mother's abduction. With a French father and Egyptian mother, Lily worries that her mother hid her ethnicity from her French in-laws. However, there's something deeper going on. Lily finds a way into an attic that's normally locked and encounters a mysterious, moonlit Egyptian night world. There she finds Khadijah, an ancient stranger who guides her to finding clues about her mother's whereabouts. Lily becomes a sleuth in both the real world and magical desert, endangering herself as she gets closer to the kidnapper.
Find Medeia – Multi-published YA and MG Author
a Rafflecopter giveaway
2. Revisions This week I'm revising one of my manuscripts I put aside for a while. It's always fun to go back and read a first draft I've stepped away from.
3. Some Fine Day by Kat Ross Kat Ross has a new release and a giveaway for you.
What if everything you've been taught is a lie?
Sixteen-year-old Jansin Nordqvist knows that when the world flooded and civilization retreated deep underground, there was no one left on the surface.
She knows that the only species to thrive there is the toads, a primate/amphibian hybrid with a serious mean streak.
Most of all, she knows there's no place where you can hide from the hypercanes, continent-sized storms that have raged for decades.
Turns out Jansin was wrong. On all counts…
Enter here to win a Kindle Paperwhite pre-loaded with Some Fine Day, plus other awesome YA audiobook giveaways!
4. Reading/Reviewing I'm reading a bunch of books that I need to review. It's nice to have to find time to read. Usually reading gets pushed aside for other things, but when I promise to review, I can't do that. ;)
5. Promo My crazy month of events every week (some weeks more than one event) is over, but I do still have a signing set up for this month and two school visits coming up. This week I'll be trying to book another signing for the holidays.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?