Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Mishmash 2/27/17


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Disconnecting  Since it was my daughter's birthday on Sunday, I promised her I would disconnect all weekend, which meant no working for me. We spent the weekend together instead, and we had a great time.
  2. School Visit Today  Today I'm doing two readings and Q&A sessions at Knowlton Elementary School. I'll be talking to the fourth, fifth, and sixth graders.
  3. Editing  My editing schedule is packed again this week. ;)
  4. Drafting  Last week I managed to draft 20,000 words on a new Ashelyn Drake romance. It wasn't easy juggling drafting with editing. And after breaking for the weekend and having a school visit take up my day today, it might be a challenge to get back in the groove tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  5. March?  I'm in denial that March is just days away. How? The year is already flying by. I keep thinking it's still January. The good news is that YA Fest is almost here!
That's it for me. What's on your mind today? 

19 comments:

  1. March is way too close. I'm improving on my book review batting average and I'm happy about that. Enjoy your week Kelly and it's lovely that you got to spend time with your daughter like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your daughter has a lovely mum. What a great weekend.

    I'm settling into my new copy writing job nicely and working on a murder mystery play.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe February is over in 2 days. Seriously, where has the time gone? Good luck with school visit today and the editing for this week. And congrats on the new Ashley Drake. Finally posted the latest chapter draft of my romance WIP and already started writing on the next chapter. Usually, and because I'm a slow writer, I let the story stew awhile first before I start a new chapter, plot point, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The visit went really well. They're even having me come back to sign books. So yay!

      Congrats on finishing another chapter! Keep it up.

      Delete
  4. Disconnect is a great suggestion for all moms and daughters! I have to do that with my family. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice. She had her party on Saturday. Twelve girls are really loud! LOL Sunday was just for her, my husband, and me. We had a great time.

      Delete
  5. Wishing you luck. You can do it. :) It's wonderful that you and your daughter have time for yourselves. Glad your school visit went well. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done one school visit with just a small group of 3rd graders and that was nerve wracking. I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a former teacher helps. I'm very comfortable in front of a room full of kids.

      Delete
  7. Time flies when you're having fun. So I gather being busy may be fun for you. I know time crawls when I'm not having fun...
    Your productivity and the quality of your work continue to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I never thought of it that way, but you are correct. :)

      Delete
  8. It doesn't seem like March yet...and it will be tomorrow! Hope your school visit went well.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.