Monday, September 3, 2018

Monday Mishmash 9/3/18


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Happy Labor Day  I hope you have a safe and happy Labor Day!
  2. Blurbing a book  This week I'm reading a book to blurb for a fellow author.
  3. Plotting  I'm plotting a new book. I got a little tripped up on it last week because I realized I need to write a book between the one I just revised and the new one I was plotting. So, that meant putting the current plotting aside and brainstorming a different book before it. If you're confused, so was I! ;) No, seriously, I think I know what I need to do now.
  4. Createspace closing  The announcement that Createspace is closing is causing quite the uproar. It's going to affect my daughter since we only print her books to distribute in person. KDP won't allow that if they aren't for sale on Amazon. So now I need to find a new printer for her books. This is going to delay her new book, but now that school is back in session, I think it's going to be delayed anyway.
  5. New schedule  I survived my daughter's first week of intermediate school. My day is long! She's gone for eight hours instead of six this year, so I'm getting a lot more accomplished. I will be able to take on more client edits and formatting jobs, which is good.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

10 comments:

  1. I spent my Labour Day visiting the art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope middle school will bring many new points of view into your publishing journey. It's a rich minefield, and Ayla will discover another world. I find that with my kids, every new step meant new stories coming out of my typing hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great use of those ideas! I've moved to adult, so I'm not sure how many ideas I'll be able to use, but Ayla writes for her age group, so I'm sure she'll have plenty of new material. ;)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear about your daughter's positive experience at school, but I'm so sorry she's having to feel the nips from the publishing world so early on in her career. She's got a fantastic guide in you, though. She'll definitely forge ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's what Createspace was. I received an announcement, but I didn't know what it was, so I deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Oscars are here. Which movie will be the big winner when the statuettes are handed out this Sunday, February 24, 2019, starting at 8pm EST?
    Oscars Live
    Oscars 2019
    Oscars 2019 Live
    91st Oscars
    Academy Awards
    Oscar Awards
    Oscars
    Oscars Live
    Oscars 2019
    Oscars 2019 Live
    Academy Awards
    Oscar Awards

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.