Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday Mishmash 6/11/18


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Revising  I'm revising the second book in my psychic P.I. series right now after getting edits back from my editor.
  2. Knowing when to step away  I was drafting a new WIP. I really love the idea, but at the 10K mark, the words stopped flowing. I hit a wall and realized that even though I love the concept, my mind was still on my psychic P.I. series. So, I decided to put this WIP aside for the time being and go back to my psychic P.I. series. We have to follow our muse, right?
  3. A Vision A Day Keeps the Killer Away  Speaking of my psychic P.I. series, I can share the cover of book one now. Check out A Vision A Day Keeps the Killer Away (Piper Ashwell Psychic P.I., book 1), designed by Red Umbrella Graphic Designs. 
    Piper Ashwell is no stranger to using her psychic abilities to locate missing persons.

    But when her father, Detective Thomas Ashwell, and his new partner enlist her help on the latest case searching for Veronica Castell, daughter of one of the wealthiest businessmen in the country, Piper struggles to piece together the clues.
    Piper’s only sure of one thing: Veronica is running out of time. Her kidnapper is intent on collecting his ransom and disposing of Veronica. This time, Piper’s visions might not be enough to bring Veronica home alive.
  4. Death and Damages  A Vision A Day Keeps the Killer Away is part of the Death and Damages boxed set releasing this fall. The set contains 25 mystery/thriller books. You can grab it here. (The set is not yet up for preorder on Amazon since Amazon only allows a three-month preorder period.) 
  5. Last week of school  Friday is my daughter's last day of school and her last day in elementary school. They are having a special presentation during the school day, and parents are invited to attend. Then the entire school claps the fifth grade out of the building. I'm going to be a crying mess. I know it. How is my baby going to intermediate school already?
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

8 comments:

  1. I'm still deciding what to wrk on next and am closer to finding a title for my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titles are usually really tough for me. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the muse shall return for that work in progress a few months down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. After stepping away, I got an idea, which I jotted down. It's not enough to keep me working on it at the moment, but I'm taking it as a good sign that I will figure out what's tripping me up and be able to work on it again in the future.

      Delete
  3. Last Friday was my daughter’s last day of Elementary School. We were both a mess. Me at morning drop-off, her at pick-up. You’ll get through it!

    We have a big week at work in which we celebrate the global unity and spirit of the company. Events all week in between working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being at the school for their final activities is going to be really tough on me. She's going to cry, which will do me in. I'm emotional to begin with, but when my baby cries, I can't keep it together.

      Delete
  4. I was never able to first draft two books at once, so I can well relate. Revising is another matter.
    Trust that your muse has not failed you before, and return to the book when it's time for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to realize that our "babies" grow up. Middle school. A new world.
    The book cover is great. And more books coming out, as well as revising and writing new ones. Congratulations on everything.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.