Monday, November 2, 2015

Monday Mishmash 11/2/15


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. I Signed a Three-Book Deal! I'm really excited to say that my young adult series, Into the Fire, has a new home. You may remember Into the Fire was released last year as an Ashelyn Drake title. Well, I've added to the book and decided it is most definitely a Kelly Hashway title. All three books in the series will release through Limitless Publishing. And yes, you read that correctly. Into the Fire will have NEW content, never before seen! Here's the Publisher's Marketplace announcement: 
  2. Editing  I've been on an editing role lately. I'm even booking clients for 2016 already.
  3. FREE Monthly Newsletter  My free monthly newsletter went out yesterday. If you didn't get a copy but would like one, you can sign up here.
  4. Creepy Short Story on Lightning Quick Reads  Last week, the lovely bloggers over at Lightning Quick Reads posted my short story "House of Horrors." You can read it here.
  5. Halloween Fun  I never post pictures of my daughter online. (Yes, I'm one of those paranoid mothers.) I do, however, post pictures of my dog, Hadley, and this was too cute not to share. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

    That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

33 comments:

  1. I often joke that I'm going to retire from my "day" job as soon as I get a three book deal. It's nice to know that some people actually get those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kelly. Will the Ashelyn Drake name remain for your romance novels?

    Now I've got the go ahead from an agent re. the standard of my writing, I'm finishing the final draft of my novel to begin sending it off to agents. Cover letter is written. Synopsis is next. It's all very exciting.

    Have a glorious week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ashelyn will strictly be my romance name.

      I just read your blog post. Congrats. Good luck querying.

      Delete
  3. Woweee! Congrats! If I was a parent, I'd be hesitant to post photos of my child online. I think I've seen way too many episodes of Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congratulations!!!! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new deal! Cute puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the three book deal! It’d be understatement to say I’m sure you must be excited. But congratulations again. As for me, I’m wondering if I can keep up the same momentum as yesterday for day 2 of NaNoWriMo. I swear, if I can take 30 days paid leave from work for NaNoWriMo, I would do it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. Not working makes a huge difference in word count. Good luck! You can do it.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to read the new Into The Fire. I am so curious to see what you added. This is busy time for me. I'm doing Kristi's modified NanoWrimo and Tara's PiBoldmo. Anything to get me back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, both? Good for you, Sherry. That's awesome. Good luck with both.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, Kelly!

    I hope Hadley got treats for putting up with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she did. She's so good. She didn't mind the costume. It was the Frankenstein one she didn't care for. I can't blame her though. She couldn't see properly. We took that one off immediately.

      Delete
  9. Congrats, Kelly! That's awesome.

    I thought of dressing my dog up for Halloween. Maybe next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty in purple! =) And congrats! I'm curious what that means for the first one. Will it stay by itself, or be remade in with the three?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added to Into the Fire. The previous version is no more. Readers wanted more Phoenix lore, and they're getting it. :) I think the re-release will be even better. I'm very excited.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the three book deal! That is amazing! Woop! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited about your book deal!!! You know I just loved ITF! Can't wait to see where you take the story. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still remember when I could count on one hand your published books, Kelly. You are a dynamo! Congratulations on the three-book deal ***!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic, Kelly - Yay you!
    Booking for 2016 already! Gads, I'd better contact you soon ;-)
    Lightning Quick Reads (and congrats there, too) seems an outstanding source for resources and entertainment. Glad you mentioned it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diedre. Lightning Quick Reads is great. I was honored to have my story posted there.

      Delete
  15. Cute dog in Halloween attire. Congrats for the awesomeness in your life, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.