Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Writer Wednesday: Thanksgiving Edition

Since tomorrow is thanksgiving, I thought I'd share what I'm thankful for this year. These are in no particular order, and I'm sure I'm forgetting people so I'll apologize in advance for that.

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for:
  • my family who is so supportive of the crazy author/editor lifestyle I've chosen
  • my friends who accept that I ignore them when I'm in my writing or editing bubble
  • my writer friends who truly know how tough this business is and endure it alongside me
  • my amazing street team, Kelly's Coven, who shares every step of this journey and helps me make decisions about author logos, book settings, and so much more 
  • my agent who keeps me sane when I just want to scream and cry, which has been more than I'd like to admit
  • my social media manager, Amber, who always has brilliant ideas about how to spread the word about my books
  • my readers, whether they've been with me from the start or have just discovered my books
  • my newsletter subscribers for actually wanting to hear from me every month to see what I'm up to
  • the schools who have invited me to speak and share what I do for a living
  • my editing clients who allow me to make some money to pay bills and allow me to work on some really amazing books
  • bookstores who invite me to sign and who also carry my books on the shelves so I can take pictures of them out in the wild
  • my social media followers who put up with my posts about my crazy Shep-hound dog, my adorable daughter, all my books, The Walking Dead, my love of Jensen Ackles, and my Jamberry nail obsession
  • Limitless books for being so amazing to work with and for putting out Our Little Secret and the entire Into the Fire trilogy
  • my editors and beta readers for making me a better writer
  • bloggers and book reviewers who take the time to review and share my books with others...
I could keep going, but this is getting kind of long. And the really nice thing is that amidst all the struggles I encounter in this industry, seeing all these great people I have to be thankful for makes me really grateful that I decided to pursue this career.

Happy Thanksgiving!


*If you have a question you'd like me to answer from the other side of the editor's desk, feel free to leave it in the comments and I'll schedule it for a future post.

16 comments:

  1. You do have a lot of wonderful things/people to be thankful for.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could echo so many of these. There are so many things we take for granted...but this is definitely the time to be thankful. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! So important to take a step back and think about what we are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for you. You're a dynamo and a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful day with your family, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Kelly. We have lots to be grateful for, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful list to show gratitude. I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving week.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.