Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Mishmash 5/30/16


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Memorial Day  Take time today to remember what the holiday is really about. 
  2. Book Signing At Blairstown Elementary  Last Monday I signed close to 100 books at Blairstown Elementary School. It was such a great day. This school has been so incredibly supportive, reading all of my picture books and my MG, Curse of the Granville Fortune, so I donated a copy of Mystery of Majestic Cave to the library so the student could continue reading the series.
  3. Editing  I'm finishing up one client edit and getting ready for the next this week.
  4. Revising  I've been working through my latest Ashelyn Drake NA contemporary romance. So far I've been pleasantly surprised by the first draft. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I swear when I draft I go through periods where I think I'm writing nothing usable, but then I revise and surprise myself.
  5. End of the School Year  My daughter has a half day on Tuesday and then she's off for the summer. I can't believe another school year is finished.
  6. Visions of Mockingbird Point  True Poison, my cover designer for the Curse of the Granville Fortune series, sent me the draft of the cover for book three. As usual, it blew me away. Can't wait until it's finalized so I can share it with you all.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

20 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I hope your holiday was great too.

      Delete
  2. Doing draft work for a client, got a new one today for plot assistance and another who keeps falling off is late and not responding (leaving that one alone for now). Glad you have customers waiting in wings and congrats on having the support of this school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating when clients are late. It throws off my entire schedule. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. It's great that you have the support of schools. My latest school visit wasn't so successful, and it's where I taught. Mm, maybe that's the problem.
    Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the new cover. Congratulations. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry to hear that. This was by far my most successful school visit. I wish they were all like this one.

      Delete
  4. We Must Never Forget!!!

    Looks like a great week, and you're awfully busy. I loved the end of the school year to have my kids home with me. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my daughter home. She's my best buddy. :)

      Delete
  5. I often feel the same way about my first draft. Like "Oh...this is gonna take a lot of work." and then "Oh! Not bad!" Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love being pleasantly surprised at the first draft? For me it's the third that knocks the air out of my tires. But I think you are experienced and know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When my first draft is awful, revision feels like torture.

      Delete
  7. the signing must have been so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! I haven't had that kind of luck with school visits yet. It's always, "We can't pay and no, we can't let you sell your book, but can you do it anyway?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely my most successful school visit. I wish they were all like this.

      Delete
  9. I love that dress with those tights & shoes, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I opted for comfortable shoes over heels. I'm short and proud of it. ;)

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.