I'm not one for resolutions because I feel they're too easy to toss aside. So here are my writing goals for 2014:
- Balance writing and editing: I need to get better at doing both at the same time. I tend to focus solely on writing or solely on editing. This year, I want to edit in the morning and write in the afternoon and evening. It's all about balance.
- Find new ways to market my books: I'm not one to go around begging people to buy my books. In fact, in person, you wouldn't know I'm a writer. I don't mention it. But I do want to find some creative ways to get my work out there for people to know about.
- Revise two books that are already drafted and draft two or three new books: I have an Ashelyn Drake contemporary romance to revise and a Kelly Hashway paranormal to revise. I would also like to write two or three of the ideas I have brewing in my head.
- Continue with my new blog format: The format I set in place in September with Monday Mishmash, Writer Wednesday, and Friday Feature seems to be working well, so I'm sticking with it in 2014.
- Two or more book contracts
- Great book sales
- To sign at BEA again
- To make more money than I did last year with my writing and editing
What are your goals or things you're hoping for in 2014?