Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday Mishmash 5/19/17


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Happy Memorial Day  I hope everyone has a safe holiday today and that you all take time to remember those who fought for us. 
  2. Drafting  I'm finishing up the third book in the Lies We Tell Trilogy, which is called Games We Play. I'm freaking myself out writing this one. Oh, the things writing suspense does to me.
  3. Editing  I have two client edits to finish up today before a new edit arrives on Thursday.
  4. Poetry Tea  I'm attending a Poetry Tea at my daughter's school on Thursday, followed by a viewing of the movie her class made based on Perloo the Bold by Avi. 
  5. Cover Design  This week I'm sending info for two covers to my designer. I love this stage in the publishing process.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - have a very happy and peaceful Memorial Day - we need to remember people who serve to look after us ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourself at that Poetry Tea, and have a good Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poetry tea sounds like such fun. I think the class movie of Perloo the Bold will be great. Enjoy!

    Have a great Memorial Day and week. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still mulling the saying HAPPY Memorial Day. I've seen it everywhere, but to me it's a day to remember those who died. I'm just not sure... I felt somber yesterday.

    But tea and Avi's book is a reason to rejoice. I hope you tell us about it after Thursday. I think it's such an interesting activity for a class, and how lucky we get to experience such with our kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think I say it because it's the norm, but I'm not sure why it's happy. I guess people view it that way because we are celebrating the freedom those who died secured for us—kind of like making sure it wasn't in vain. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  5. Love the idea of a poetry tea at your daughter's school. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suspense would probably mess with my mind if I wrote it, too! Sometimes READING it freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, Poetry Tea sounds so lovely! Enjoy your week, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.