Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Mishmash 5/22/17


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Drafting  I took a week off after drafting two books and a novella in a row. I'm ready to dive into the last book in the Lies We Tell trilogy this week.
  2. Field Trip  I am chaperoning a field trip this Thursday to a cranberry bog. Please do an anti-rain dance for me. The weather is looking dreadful for the second half of this week. :(
  3. Editing  I'm waiting on a client edit and taking advantage of the free time to write, write, write!
  4. 9 Releases!!!!  Because I'm completely crazy, I agreed to be part of an anthology releasing on Thanksgiving. What am I thinking? That will make 9 releases this year. I may need to be fitted for a straitjacket by December!
  5. Dying Laptop  I'm pretty sure my laptop is on its last leg. :( I love my MacBook Pro and am not happy about needing to buy a new one.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

19 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - well you sure are busy ... I hope your laptop doesn't die on - and that you can swap over easily. I'll be thinking of you re the rain later this week ... enjoy the field trip -cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nine releases does sound kind of crazy, but congrats. You work so hard, it must be very fulfilling to put so much work out there. I have hardly drafted this year, but I'm itching to get back to it. I need some of your drafting mojo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As field trip destinations go, a cranberry bog is unusual. There is a small town here that has a cranberry festival in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how you write so many! Do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the anti-rain dance while pondering how any one person can have nine releases at once, and if they can, (as you can) surely they can command the weather, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Apparently I seem more together than I actually am. ;)

      Delete
  6. It won't be pretty but I'll do an anti-rain dance for you. You'll need a holiday after 9 books this year, but isn't it fun. Wish I could write that fast, but I'm so slooooow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next year will be fun. ;) No, I'll be fine after this book is written.

      Delete
  7. It won't be pretty but I'll do an anti-rain dance for you. You'll need a holiday after 9 books this year, but isn't it fun. Wish I could write that fast, but I'm so slooooow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I desperately need a new computer- but the funds are not here right now, so I keep hoping every day that it keeps working.

    Visiting a cranberry bog sounds like fun. Fingers crossed for good weather. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to make this laptop last longer. It's such a great computer.

      Delete
  9. Hi Kelly! I hope you get more usage out of your MacBook. I hate dying laptops...they are so fickle! Leave us stranded!

    All the best with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When my previous computer was coming to a stuttering stop, I considered some kind of Mac. But I fully committed to the dark side, with my new PC that operates on Microsoft Windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never go back to a PC. I use Mac only programs.

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.