Monday, December 11, 2017

Monday Mishmash 12/11/17


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Editing  I'm working on a client edit this week
  2. Unseen Evil duology  I just got physical proofs for my ya paranormal duology coming out in 2018, and they are so gorgeous I can't stop looking at them. I can't wait to share these covers in a few months. (Yes, I'm working way ahead of schedule.)
  3. Christmas Shopping  I think I'm finally finished shopping. Every year, I start early, yet I'm still shopping so close to Christmas. I'm not sure how that happens.
  4. Tax Reform  I'm trying to figure out what the tax reform means for self-employed people filing under section C. This has the potential to really hurt authors if we can't deduct expenses. How will we advertise, pay for covers, pay for editing, etc.? :( 
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

18 comments:

  1. Yes! I hear you on the tax reform, not liking what I am hearing one bit. Oh, I can't wait to see your new covers! As far as my Christmas shopping, amazon was my friend, now to wait on baited breath to see if everything comes on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Prime, so I'm spoiled. Not that I don't pay for it, though. It seems to go up in price every year.

      Delete
  2. I’m hoping the tax reform bills get changed befkre anything is passed. Still shopping...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shopping needed here--or not a lot, anyway. I got an ornament on sale for my book club's ornament exchange this week. And I will be having a white elephant exchange at work on Friday. Just have to find something at home I no longer want or need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I just realized I need another gift. It never ends.

      Delete
  4. I'm about halfway through my Christmas shopping and finally feel like I'm getting organised after our recent house move.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much shopping needed here, and it's too early for what is needed.

    Now I can't wait to see the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shouldn't Christmas shopping be commenced strictly at two PM on the 24th of December?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday! Most of my shopping is being done online. Have everything I want to get for my family saved in a cart. Just have to press proceed to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taxes? I don't even want to think about them. Your new books are more interesting. Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are we really heading to no-deductible professional expenses? Merry Christmas...
    But on the upside--Truly, MERRY CHRISTMAS! (And hooray for shopping done)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Hanukah, Mirka! I really hope we aren't headed for this because it will make self-publishing nearly impossible!

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.