Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Mishmash 5/21/18


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Power  I was without water and power last Tuesday through Friday evening. It was awful. We had a storm that made me question if it was a tornado. Things were swirling everywhere, and trees and power lines still litter my area almost a week later. I have everything back but phone service now. (If I didn't comment back on your blog last week, this was why. Sorry.)
  2. Formatting  I've been formatting a lot lately, and I really love it. Making manuscripts into beautiful books is a great feeling.
  3. Tough year  The publishing industry is changing a lot, and it's hit me hard. I might post about this because I have a lot on my mind about Kindle Worlds closing and other things going on that affect income for authors.
  4. Editing  I'm back to editing this week now that power has been restored.
  5. Drafting  When I didn't have power, I started drafting a new book by hand. I only have about seven pages of actual manuscript, but I also plotted a bit, so I have a good start once I finish this client edit.
  6. Giveaway ends today!  I have an Amazon giveaway for Insidious by Victoria Evers ending today. You must enter by 11:59 p.m. Enter here.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

13 comments:

  1. Love that cover.

    I finished my diary novel yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when there’s a tornado warning in my area. Never fails to scare me.

    I’m interested in your thoughts on the changes in the publishing world. So much has been happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has me so thrown lately it's hard to put my thoughts down clearly.

      Delete
  3. Hope your stormy weather is over for the spring and summer. Glad you're all safe anyway.

    You know the old saying, something like "Just when I learn all the rules they change the game." That's me trying to figure out what I'm doing in this writing world. Have a great week, no storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that's the end of storms for a long time!

      Delete
  4. It’s getting harder and harder to be a full-time author. I’m interested to see what you think,Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get my thoughts together before I post. This could take a little while. ;)

      Delete
  5. No electricity and WATER??? You must post how you managed the water part. In the event of a big earthquake here, this is where we'd be...
    I always plot/chart by hand, and draft on the computer. I'd be plotting, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, luckily one of the country clubs opened up their showers and bathrooms to those who didn't have water. Other places offered free ice and water as well. Without them, we would have been in serious trouble.

      Delete
    2. Seriously smelly, and dehydrated.

      Delete
  6. That's quite awhile to be out of power.

    Yesterday we had a holiday, so I was busy out and about photographing tulips.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.