Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday Mishmash 8/27/18


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. First day of intermediate school  Ayla starts intermediate school today. For those who know me well, I'm quite the helicopter parent. I'm not ashamed of it either. So I need some virtual hugs to get through today, please.
  2. Proofreading  I'm doing final proofreading on the paperback ARC of Read Between the Crimes, book two in my Piper Ashwell Psychic P.I. series. (Oh, and this cover is sooooooo pretty!) I want to have book two up for preorder when book one releases in the Death and Damages boxed set in November. 
  3. New schedule Since Ayla's school day is two hours longer this year, I will have 10 extra hours a week to work! I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I like getting extra work done, but that's 10 fewer hours with my daughter. :(
  4. Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs  For Ayla's last day of summer, we went to see the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs play. We usually try to get to one game a season.
  5. Death and Damages has a new trailer!  Check out this awesome trailer for the boxed set I'm part of. 
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ayla for starting intermediate school, and plenty of hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you some virtual hugs. Although she's most likely home by now. You can save those virtual hugs for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you virtual hugs all week, Kelly. After that, knowing you, the extra time will be filled and as Ayla adjusts her mother will also. Not sure about Hadley, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadley is having a tough time. She lies down directly behind my office chair so there is no chance I can move without her knowing. I think she's afraid I'll leave her, too. Poor puppy.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I do, too. The author who created it did a great job.

      Delete
  5. Good trailer. You will surely utilise your time well, knowing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you survived the first day without too much trauma. Sending hugs for the rest of the week and even more. New books out soon is so exciting. Congrats

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.