Happy Monday! Here's my mishmash of thoughts:
- Passing of my dog My 13-year-old German shepherd, Sage, passed away yesterday. She was the best dog you could ask for, so we're all very sad in the Hashway household. We'll miss her dearly.
- Face of Death Technically, my release date is tomorrow, but all the online retailers began shipping Face of Death on the 21st, so my baby is already out there in the world. Still, I'll be celebrating on Tuesday. This might be my favorite book in the series.
- Scholastic Book Fair This week I'm helping the PTO at my daughter's school with the Scholastic Book Fair. Looks like I'll be buying lots of books.
- Edits I'm working on Into the Fire edits this week. And speaking of, there are a few Phoenix books coming out this year. Mine will be among them.
- Breathe For Me Cover Reveal Last week was the reveal for a new Spencer Hill Press book by Rhonda Helms. Check it out.
Isabel’s been cursed since the Middle Ages.
Desperate to escape an arranged marriage, she made a hasty bargain with a demon, asking for liberation from an oppressive husband-to-be and the excitement of travel. But the demon’s “gift” came at a steep cost. Each time he moves her to a new city, her memory’s wiped. No one can touch her bare skin without injury or even death. And she sees the lifespan of every living being (and is, in fact, immortal herself).
All a constant reminder that she’s different than other teen girls.
But New Orleans seems to accept her as she is. She has friends and a real life in this quirky, hot city. Then Isabel meets Dominic, whose deep soul and strong character draw her to him. Her growing love gives her the courage to confront the demon, insisting the curse be broken. But the demon’s price for freedom is much, much higher than she could possibly give.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?