Monday, July 30, 2018

Monday Mishmash 7/30/18


Happy Monday! Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind today:
  1. Editing  I'm finishing up an edit for a client this week and have another coming to me on Wednesday.
  2. Back-to-school shopping  I'm almost finished shopping for school clothes for my daughter. They've moved to a uniform policy, which is so hard to follow because I have to count the number of buttons on shirts. How crazy is that? I can't find any with the appropriate number of buttons, which means I have to remove one button from each shirt and sew up the hole since none of the stores by me sell the appropriate number. You can imagine how happy I am about that.
  3. New Facebook page for editing/formatting  For a while I've been contemplating a FB page for my editing and formatting, and last week I finally followed through. You can find it here.
  4. Branding  Branding is something I've always struggled with (as Kelly not Ashelyn) since I write across genres. I'm contemplating sticking to one from now on but branching out within that genre. For example, I'll write mystery, but that can include paranormal mystery to appease my paranormal fans.
  5. Summer  Is it just me or is summer flying by? I knew it would since school let out late this year, but I'm not ready for it to be August this week.
That's it for me. What's on your mind today?

10 comments:

  1. I agree that the summer is going by fast.

    I just started writing notes for a sequel to my diary novel, despite not having a title for the first one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like summer just started. I don't see that the number of buttons should make such a difference. What do I know? Times have changed since I was a teacher. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’ve changed a lot since I was a teacher, too.

      Delete
  3. Back to school stuff already? I know kids south of the border tend to go back before kids do here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you having a page for your excellent editing service. Would you be putting tips on the subject on it, or is it just a place to note that part of your work? (i.e. an ad)

    Once you start back-to-school, if feels like the summer is ending. But half of it is still ahead.
    I don't get the sort of uniforms that involve button-counting. For me that ordeal alone would become a blog post :)
    And that's related to my blog post today, sort of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be posting tips there as well. 😀

      My daughter goes back in the 27th, so she doesn’t have much time left. ☹️

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelly - seems like school is starting really early - sorry about the sewing thing - at least you don't have to sew on nametags - my Mum did for the three of us ... must have taken her for ever ... ghastly thought! Well done on the FB page - I hardly go there ... but am venturing in that direction - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out they might be changing the button restriction. I certainly hope so!

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be marked as spam and not published.